Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008

Gosh - another year has arrived. By the end of this month, I would have been in the country of unpredictable weather (even Michael Fish can't predict it) for 12 years. Just went out to great old London town for the New Year's fireworks - and guess what? It was raining. Although the weather is damp, the spirits of the people are not dampened - lots of people wishing everyone a Happy New Year. It is good to see that for that one split moment, people are actually nice to each other.


This is my first time doing a blog and I would like to say to my dear cousin June that I was absolutely gobsmacked when I went to her blog on Saturday morning and saw the picture of me and Martin on there! Thank goodness I sent her a "reasonable" picture. A dirty ski tan but I am not complaining - going back to Canada this year. Anyhow, we still printed out the page in case if disappeared. : ) An addition to my scrapbook!!!


It was good to check out the other blogs of my family members and it didn't even surprise me that Gary has chosen the title he had - I can always count on my bro to choose the "appropriate" theme for anything! ; )


Anyway - want to take the opportunity to congratulate my two brothers - Jack and Gary on their marriages - wishing you both all the best and all that you wish for in your lives with your beloved wives. Not to say that Jack's life is not as interesting but you really can't beat a Bollywood elope, can you? So well done, boy-ko for that amazing feat!


From what I read from your blogs, I gathered that I am supposed to write about myself, but at present a little tipsy (pink champagne is nice!) so might not be a good idea to do so - might end up incriminating myself so maybe will do it next time around.


In the meantime, wishing you all a happy and properous 2008!

1 comment:

HOHOHOHO said...

So good that you have decided to start a blog - we can now at least know what is happening to our little sister in UK. Happy New Year to you, too. Oh! and to Martin as well.

Love,
June and all in KL