Today's supposed to be the start of a new chapter of my life - finally getting my OWN home. We finally completed on the purchase of our new house, not without it's ups and downs during the whole of today - our mortgage provider decided that they are not talking to our solicitors as it seems that they were instructed that we have changed solicitors. We were supposed to complete by midday and with all the confusions, we eventually completed the purchase at 4pm today.
The story does not end here though. As I was working late, Mr B decided to pick up the key from the estate agents. I made him promise that he would not go into our new home without me. I finished work and picked him up from the train station, and he told me the story........ Being the Mr Sweet that he is, he wanted to surpise me and have instructed the estate agents to put a bottle of champagne and a bouquet of flowers for me to find when I get into the house since he is not allowed to be in it till we are together. The funny thing is - he was sitting at the estate agents' office for over an hour whilst they struggled to get into the house to put "The Surpirse" in place - the key would not work, and they were unable to get into the house!!!!
So when he was picked up, Mr B had the champagne and flowers with him and we decided that we should go to the new house to try out the key as I am very excited about our new home and wanted to see it. It took us over an hour to get there, and no matter how much I pushed and shoved, the door just would not budge. Sadly, we ended up driving all the way back without entering our new home! C'est la vie but I still think it is absolutely ridiculous that we were unable to step foot into our new house! :(
Oh well - will have to wait till Friday now before we have time to get the locksmith in to let us into our home. Until then, good night and thank goodness for all the great fun and enjoyment that life brings! Bon nuit! :)
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment